At Master Powder Coating, we were contacted by a customer who owned an industrial tank that needed service. This tank functioned in a hostile environment and needed to be disassembled, cleaned, and recoated before it was reassembled in the field. We sandblasted the tank components and used high-grade blast media in our sandblast booth. After we completed surface preparation and removed all corrosion and other contaminants, we moved the tank's parts into our paint booth for coating. We used Greco spray equipment and applied a first coat of Tnemec Hydro-Zinc Series 94-H20 (3.5 DFT) to the surface of the tank. We followed with a second coat of Tnemec Series L69F High Build Epoxoline II (4.0 to 6.0 DFT). Our third and final coat consisted of Tnemec Hydroflon Series 700 (2.0 to 3.0 DFT). After we visually inspected the tank, we returned it to our customer for field assembly, all of which we accomplished in only seven days.
We knew that this tank could not be out of service for an extended period of time, and we used our blast cleaning and coating capabilities and made sure it was rapidly returned to service. Contact Master Power Coating for further information about this project.
- Project Name
- Industrial Tank
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Sandblasting Booth/Paint Booth (Greco Spray Equipment)
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Length: 20'
- Material Finish
- 1st Coat
- Tnemec Hydro-Zinc Series 94-H2o (3.5DFT)
- Tnemec Series L69f High Build Epoxoline II (4.0 TO 6.0 DFT)
- Tnemec Hydroflon Series 700 (2.0 TO 3.0 DFT)
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Sandblast Profile Readings / Dry Film Thickness for 1st coat , 2nd coat, 3rd coat
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 7 days